Saturday, September 6, 2008

Probleme de riche ?

So now that I am moving into my new flat, I have to buy a lot of stuff !  Today I went to a shop in France, Boulanger, and no it is not a bakery !  It is a shop for electronic appliances.

So my dilemma is that I want to buy a nice LCD...  Therefore I went to the shop today to decide whether I should buy a 40, 42 or a 46 inches.  Samsung 6 series is done in 40 & 46 inches.  Otherwise, the LG scarlet serie exists in 42 inches.  

Basically, in my living room the sofa will be at around 3.5 meters from the TV.  So I do not want to take a screen that will be too small !  A 40 inches means a diagonal of 102 cm, a 42 means 106 cm and finally a 46 inches means 117 cm.  So yes, that might be a problem of rich but I need to ensure that my screen is big enough !  

Or as said my cousin, I am getting old so maybe I should go for a bigger screen because I will lose my eyesight slowly.  Salaud !  On the other end, a screen too big would make the living room look akward.  

2 comments:

Rafael M said...

The best TV is Sharp. Second best is Sony. Third is everything else but the Chinese. Fourth is the Chinese brands.

(First project was on LCD TVs...)

I've bought a 32" (tiny little living room). I'm happy with it.

Xavi said...

I think it is very subjective... according to lots of people the best quality/price is Samsung. Which I think is the brand I am going to buy !