Monday, September 15, 2008

Lehman Brothers

Well, I know that Rafa already posted on this but I wanted to quickly write something as well.

About 2-3 weeks ago when I was in London, we even had that discussion with Vivek and Brian. How come that a bank like Lehman had so much success with all the MBA students trying to get job there ? I remember that during our London Banking tour and during the different career event at IESE, many students, including myself, were really attracted by Lehman.

If you think about it, this bank went bankrupt already twice ! Still, it enjoys a really nice name career wise, or at least did until today.

I just want to think about my friends who recently joined the bank and hope that their career will not be too much impacted by this... Hopefully they will keep their jobs... If not, I hope they will find something fast. They are brillant so let's cross fingers for them.

1 comment:

MujerDivina said...

Yes, my fingers are crossed. Lehman was really a great bank with a unique culture. Not many others can hold up such success with the professionalism and openness they had in their ranks... well, maybe Wachovia. ;-)