Wednesday, September 10, 2008

2 years later...

Last weekend I went to Fleurie to get my stuff moved to Nyon... But this is not the reason why I spent a really good weekend. Actually, what I did not know was that there was a party organized in the village, a "bal", where my brother was DJ. Yes, he actually is a DJ in the weekends... And during this bal I saw a few friends that I had not seen for a while. But most importantly I saw a very good friend of mine whom I had not seen for roughly 2 years.

So the next day I went to have a coffee at her place and it was really good seeing her again and catching up after all this time. Nous nous sommes retrouves was the general mutual feeling after Sunday. So yes life is sometimes full of surprises and complex. I was busy with my MBA and Virginie was busy with her work/studies. I did not spend much time in my native region so in the end we did not speak to each other for a long time. I hope that this period is now over and that we will really keep in touch and share some nice moments.

Yesterday evening... I went to Geneva for a Salsa class that was organized by one of my friends whom I had not seen for 2.5 years !

Last week I actually registered on a website for international people living in Switz http://www.glocals.com/ and I now receive alerts for activities that are happening between Geneva and Lausanne. So to my surprise, l got a mail on Friday entitled Georgy's Latin Dance Lessons.

When I saw this I was 100% sure that this was the Georgy I knew ! And yes it was, so I decided to register for the event and went there with Jen yesterday evening ! It was so incredibly cool to see him after all this time... And now I can finally learn how to dance salsa, or at least try to learn.

So this past 4 days I have seen 2 persons whom I had not seen for such a long time. I guess that one of my ten resolutions for the year is happening. In January, with Rafa we did that list of 10 things to do this year and one of them was that I wanted to spend more time with my friends... This is what is happening now ! Even better, I see real true friends after 2 years and what a great feeling !

I also realized when driving back from Geneva to Nyon that I did a great choice to live there. It is ideally located between Geneva and Lausanne. So it will allow me to spend time with friends in Geneva and make new ones in Lausanne... Really looking forward to the coming couple of months. In the end I might really get a good social life here ! At least it is promising right now.

2 comments:

ignorant bliss said...

yeah... i thought we did pretty well! no one's toes got smashed, nobody fell onto the floor, and there was a lot of laughter and good times. successful, i say! even the improv-hybrid-rock-and-roll-psuedo-salsa-moves proved to be a hit!

Xavi said...

Yes we did great ! I think we really enhanced the class by being there and doing something different...