Friday, August 15, 2008

Leave China Alone !!!

Well, I just wanted to write a quick post...  I am so fed up with everything that is said right now on China in newspapers, on TV, radio etc...  I just cannot stand it anymore ! 

Everything that is said about that country is negative.  Yes maybe this is true that in terms of human rights the situation is not perfect, but our countries from the "western civilization" cannot just give lessons like this.  We still had our colonies 50 years ago (and I do not even want to talk about suspicious wars) !!  The development of our countries took time and is, even today, still not perfect. 

I understand that the Olympics are a great opportunity to talk about China but please stop all this bullshit all the time and give them time as well !  You cannot expect from them to be perfect from one day to the next...  Progress has to be achieved step by step... 

4 comments:

MujerDivina said...

I agree. We should respect China, but there are still things I do not trust, like replacing the real singer of the National Anthem with a prettier face (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2008/08/13/beijing-olympics-china-star-singer-banned-from-ceremony-for-not-being-pretty-enough-115875-20695525/)
Or the fake fireworks because they were afraid the air might get too smoggy (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Beijing-Olympics-Opening-Ceremony-Faked-Firework-Footprints-Added-For-TV/Article/200808215075291?lpos=World%2BNews_3&lid=ARTICLE_15075291_Beijing%2BOlympics%2BOpening%2BCeremony%2BFaked%253A%2BFirework%2BFootprints%2BAdded%2BFor%2BTV)
Although I do respect China, these types of things tend to break down my Trust, which is one of the most important values in life. I think they need time to figure themselves out.

In the meantime, I think everyone should leave Georgia alone!!

Xavi said...

For me these are details... Many countries do this in their own ways. And yes, leave Georgia alone ! Or help them !

Rafael M said...

Hey, Xavi... Go to a not so serious topic... List 8 things you wanna do before death. Quickly!

Xavi said...

-Buy a vineyard.
-Get married and have kids.
-Take 6 to 12 months off to travel around the world.
-Form a rock band.
-Learn at least 2 other languages.
-Write a book.
-Set up my own company.

Well that is 7... I need to think about the 8th ! What about you Rafa ??