Sunday, August 3, 2008

I wanna be a part of it...

Right after the MBA I wanted to go to the US and discover this country. My trip took me first on the west coast in Seattle. For someone like me who is passionate about music, Seattle means a lot. Two amazing guys who originally came from Washington state have changed the music scene for ever. The first one is Jimi Hendrix, the greatest guitar hero ever. Just watch the images from Woodstock and you will understand what I mean. The second guy is certainly not a guitar hero, but he still has changed and shaped the rock scene. This guy is Kurt Cobain, the face of Nirvana... Seattle has also given amazing bands such as Soundgarden, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains etc... I think they should have all given a concert on top of the Space Needle !!


Seattle is not only the city of Microsoft, but also the city where the first Starbucks was created. And yes, I have been there !! It is on the Pike Market... where you can actually see flying fishes ! Unfortunately the day I was there I could not see them. There is also a very nice French restaurant there with an amazing wine card !


After one week in Seattle, I headed south to San Francisco. It was for me the occasion to check the Nappa Valley ! Well, you know that I do love wine and really like visiting vineyards... I even visited one that is called St Clement !

If you go to San Francisco, I advise you to go to the Legion of Honor Museum in the Lincoln Park... If you can avoid taking the bus from the east side of SF and drive there that is also advisable !! Otherwise, the bus ride will probably take you about 45 minutes, assuming it does not stop everywhere ! Anyways, one of the main and most remarkable piece of art there is the thinker from Rodin...

After a week in SF, I ended my trip in New York Fucking City, the capital of the world !!

The 3 cities I have been to were really great, however the most impressive was certainly New York... The city which never sleeps. All these big buildings every where are really impressive. If I had to live in the US one day, NY would certainly be an option for me.


Again there, you can see some French art ! Well, I am not talking about all the paintings that you can find at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, which is by the way the best museum I have been to so far, but I am talking about the Status de la Liberte !! This amazing sculpture was designed by Bartholdi et de Gustave Eiffel, yes the same guy who did our Eiffel tower in Paris ! It was offered to our American friends in 1886. Who said that the French do not like the Americans ??

This was the last step of my trip. I am overall really delighted that I could discover this country... I wish I could have stayed longer. I will probably go back one day since there are other places that I really would like to see (Canyon, Washington, Las Vegas etc.)

That is it for now... My next trip will be in the winter and I plan to go to Asia and see my 4th continent... Still deciding in which cities I should go...

No comments: