Saturday, May 17, 2008

Visit of Parc Güell, my best day in Barcelona ?

After almost 18 months in Barcelona I still have so much to see...

During this time of intense study at IESE, I have enjoyed somewhat of the night life but not so much of the cultural aspect of Barcelona.

Of course, even if I am not an expert, my eyes were impressed by some of the beautiful buildings that you can randomly find in the city. The Casa Mila on Paseo de Gracia is for example one that I saw many times when walking by.



This week was the first time I went to Parc Güell. For anyone who has seen the movie l'Auberge Espagnole, the movie from Cédric Klapisch picturing the life of Xavier who comes to study to Barcelona (http://www.cedric-klapisch.com/films/aubergeespagnole.html), this park is a must see ! It was designed by Gaudi who finds a lot of his inspiration from the nature.


It has this je ne sais quoi of magic. Wandering around the park, while listening to a trumpetist playing international and french successes (!), was such a great and unforgettable moment.



The magic worked well for me and I would like to thank this person who shared this moment with me. Probably the best day I had in Barcelona...

No comments: