Sunday, May 18, 2008

Petit moment de bonheur !

Most people do not actually know that I am a musician and that music used to take a great place in my life. When I was a kid, I would practice the clarinet at least 1 hour every day. That allowed me to have a pretty descent level and to play in a brass band and also as a lead clarinet in a quartet. So I really enjoy seeing live music since I can really relate to the amount of work that the artists have put in before performing.

Yesterday, I found a software which is called VeohTV. To my great surprise, I am able to watch the concert that Metallica gave in 2006 at Rock Am Ring. More than 2 hours of one of the bands that I prefer ! When I started to play the guitar, around the age of 18, I learned to play on Metallica ! So being able to watch this concert is this kind of moment that really gives me a lot of pleasure... I hope that one day I will be able to see them live ! I am such a fan that I even bought a guitar that is the same as Kirk, an ESP Ltd with Skulls !

One of my other favorite guitarists is Slash, therefore I also own a Gibson Les Paul 1960... It is a totally different type of sound, a bit more jazzy to some extent. And I also own a few other guitars, which I am not going to detail here !

No comments: